Sunday, September 9, 2012

Waffle Saturday

Before I get to the main point of this post, I would just like to declare Saturday as "Waffle Saturday." I just want some sort of food project for Saturdays. This way, I can feel almost as if I'm baking.

Just so everyone knows, I realize it's Sunday. I didn't get to go to breakfast yesterday, so Waffle Saturday became Waffle Sunday. This will happen whenever I miss breakfast on Saturdays or if I just happen to forget (unlikely.)

So you know how you can be somewhere, doing something, and the second you leave you come up with this great idea that you could've used just thirty minutes before but then it's too late? Yeah, that happened to me at breakfast today.

I went to the dining hall today, ready to try out my friend's peanut butter banana waffle idea, but then decided it'd be too dry for my liking. Instead, I went to the topping bar to check out what was available. I spooned blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and the juices they were sitting in all over my big, fluffy waffle. Whilst looking at my magnificent triple berry waffle, I felt there was something missing. I glanced back at the topping bar. I saw a lovely, white, fluffy substance staring back at me. Bingo! I scooped a spoonful of whipped cream on top of my berries and practically pranced to my friend's table.

This is when some serious innovation took over. I mixed the berries and whipped cream together to make an entirely new substance. I'll call it whipped cream with berries. Well anyway, I frosted my waffle with my new creation, making sure every crevice was thoroughly covered and moistened by the mixture. I then devoured my delicious waffle.

It wasn't until I had walked through the dining hall doors (point of no return) that my fabulous idea hit me. Prior to leaving the dining hall, I grabbed a banana to stash in my room for some other occasion. While leaving, I thought, "Darn! I probably should've grabbed a peanut butter packet. That would've been great with my banana." THE BANANA. MY WAFFLE. Nooooooooooo! (Proper pronunciation - low, in slow motion, like the movies.) My idea? Strawberry banana cream waffles. Now that would have been absolutely magical. I could've even used fresh strawberries with it! (healthier) I'm just going to have to wait for brunch on Saturday to give strawberry banana waffles a try. Then, on my way out of the dining hall, I'll come up with some other great waffle idea that I'll have to wait to try until the following Saturday. It'll be a vicious cycle. At least, I'll get some awesome waffles out of it.

On another note, I watched "Being John Malkovich" last night. It was one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen, but it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment