Sunday, March 11, 2012

Simple Hot Chocolate


I was in the mood for hot chocolate today, but I didn't want to have to go out and buy a big box of powdered mix. My first thought was to grab the cocoa powder out of the cupboard and the packets of splenda off of the table. I poured them haphazardly into my cow mug (complete with udders) filled with warm milk and stirred it together. I was fairly satisfied with what I created. This is a very quick and easy way to make hot chocolate. It is also much less expensive than buying mixes at the store. Using skim milk and splenda reduces the amount of calories, making this a lighter version of the creamy, chocolatey drink that everyone loves.

Simple Hot Chocolate
serves one


Ingredients:

1 1/2 milk (skim for a lighter version)
1 1/2 cocoa powder
2-3 packets of splenda

Directions
Heat milk in the microwave for 50 seconds. Mix in cocoa powder and splenda. (You may have to squish clumps of cocoa up against the side of the mug.) Heat in the microwave for another 30-45 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment